Green & Clean understands how important it is to have alternate options to chemically treated lawn care. Our organic program is safe for your kids and pets as well as safe for the environment and our water supplies. We not only service your lawn but we will coach you on simple lawn practices that will assist in the process. Organic lawn care does take a little more effort from the homeowner, but we will work together with you in order to ensure the best results.
- Organic fertilization
How do I get started?
Since every lawn is different, and we pride ourselves on personal analysis, we must look at each yard to determine size, condition, and obstacles such as: gate access, pets, hills, sprinklers, yard furniture, toys, and strange and unusual yard art. Simply contact us to get a FREE quote on any of our services.
Environmentally friendly lawns
Environmentally, turf grass reduces carbon dioxide emissions, mitigating the heat island effect commonly found in our urban environments. Lawns reduce energy consumption through its cooling effects and contribute to efforts to reduce global warming trends. Grass reduces soil erosion by holding the soil in place during heavy flooding. Just 2,500 square feet of lawn not only absorbs carbon dioxide from the air, but it also releases enough oxygen for a family of four to breathe.
The Green Industry is aware of the important position it holds in protecting our environment and are taking steps to develop new and improved varieties of grass that require less fertilizer, less water and are more resistant to diseases and insects. Their goal is to protect America’s natural resources.
- Front lawns of just eight average houses have the cooling effect of about 70 tons of air condition; wile the average home-size central air unit has only a 3 to 4 ton capacity.
- Turf grasses trap much of an estimated 12 million tons of dust and dirt released annually into the US atmosphere.
- Healthy, dense lawns absorb rainfall six times more effectively than a wheat field and four times better than a hay field.
- With up to 90% of the weight of a grass plant in its roots, it makes a very efficient erosion prevention device, also removing soil particles from silty water.
- Turf grass helps purify water entering underground aquifers—its root mass and soil microbes act as a filter to capture and breakdown many types of pollutants.
- A turf area just 50-feet by 50-feet absorbs carbon dioxide, ozone, and other atmospheric pollutants, and releases enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of four. The grass and trees along the US interstate highway system release enough oxygen to support 22 million people.